We Need Volunteers Like You!
We rely on volunteers to Make this Air Festival a Success.
What kind of volunteer would you like to be? The choice is yours!
- An activity location will be assigned for each volunteer where all volunteer benefits will be coordinated by that team lead. This will not prevent volunteers from supporting multiple locations or having multiple work assignments.
- Volunteers will be issued a wristband for free admission on the day of volunteer work.
- Volunteers will receive an Wings Over The Valley Air Festival t-shirt identifying them as part of the staff.
- In order to operate any vehicle or machinery, volunteers must be 18 or older, and hold a valid driver's license.
- All volunteers under the age of 16 must work under the direct supervision of an authorized sponsor.
Below is a listing and brief description of the committees that will need assistance during the Air Festival.
sponsor registration - we need volunteers TODAY !
vendor and vehicle registration - we need volunteers TODAY !
veteran signup, verification, and history writers
we need volunteers TODAY !
ADMISSIONS / Ticket Sales:
Saturday 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday 7 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 7 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
This is one of the most important jobs at our Fly-In. After airplanes land, they must be directed to the proper parking area; on departure they must be directed out of the ramp/display areas. The proper control of ground traffic is vital to safety at our Air Festival. This job requires knowledge of parking aircraft.
Saturday 7 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Direct incoming vehicles to parking
Field Setup & Take Down:
One of the most important parts of the volunteer work force. The majority of the setup work begins on Thursday, September 14 (afternoon & evening) – and Saturday, September 16 before the Air Festival (beginning at 6 a.m.). Fences must be installed, tents raised, tables and chairs placed around the field, and a host of other details. On Sunday (after 5 p.m.) & Monday, we have to take it all back down. Some of the jobs require moderate-to-heavy lifting. Pickup trucks are very desirable for this job.
Please note that with setup and takedown, we will move people to and from priority jobs as the setup progresses. Examples are below. Some involve manual labor and some can be done sitting down:
- Put out signs on roads and grounds
- Assist vendors with layout and setup
- Assist in setting up barrels, cones and safety tape and teardown
- Assist in setting up tables and chairs and teardown at assigned locations
- Assist in setting up tents and shelters and teardown
- Assist in fence setup and teardown
- Assist Veterans with their Helicopter Rides
- Assist in the Veterans Story Tent
- Shuttle Services
- Put out trash cans/plastic bags
- Put up signs on tents
- Hospitality Area helping the Air Festival Performers, VIP's and Guests
Tuesday / Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 6:30 p.m. - tear down
Please fill out our volunteer application - download a copy to mail in.
The Guntersville Air Festival Foundation Committee
would like to thank you for your time and support!
** Additional jobs may be identified in next several months, please check back often **
Volunteer at the Wings Over The Valley Air Festival
The Only Air Festival in